LoveandKnit Interview with Indie Fixx


Fresh Etsy Pixx: LoveandKnit
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
By guest contributor Amy Anderson
''Mine Kurtulmus is an example of why following your heart can bring great happiness. Her Etsy shop, LoveandKnit just opened in September after Kurtulmus decided to leave her job and focus on her knitting and crafting full time. Her knits have fun, unique designs and her sister shop, LoveandDream, has lovely intricate clothes and accessories. Enjoy Kurtulmus’ story straight from Istanbul!''
1. What do you create and how did you get started?''Knitting is my meditation. I love knitting so much, so I knit all the time. I have two Etsy shops. For LoveandKnit, I make stylish sweaters, cardigans, scarves, beanies, shawles, gloves…everything for winter. And for my LoveandDream shop, I make apparel, accessories and some jewelleries inspired by gypsies. I’m a fashion designer–I worked for big brands for many years. To be a fashion designer was my childhood dream. My dream came through but after years in the textile sector, I began to feel tired. My life was just like the movie “The Devil Wears Prada”! I wanted to change my lifestyle. I quit my job and found Etsy with a magical coincidence. Working at home and independence! That was definitely what I wanted.''



2. Why do you sell on Etsy? Do you sell elsewhere as well?
''I sell on Etsy because Etsy is my first sweetheart. Everything is going perfect on Etsy, everything is clear. I trust Etsy as a buyer and also as a seller. I think this is why I sell on Etsy.''

3. Where do you get the ideas for your pieces?''I make my designs like I’m making them for myself. I never make a thing that I don’t like to wear. ''


4. Where do you go or what do you do when you need inspiration?''If I don’t know what to do and need some inspiration, movies help me. I have a DVD collection and some of them are really speacial for me.It’s really hard to catch the images flying over my head after I watch them. And I get my inspirations from the materials I use.''
5. Where do you see your work going in the future?
''Just better and happier!''
6. Describe your artistic style in three words.''Unique, well made, special.''

No comments: